Edita Vilkeviciute by Patrick Demarchelier
The fact is that dull, lifeless skin isn’t limited to a certain age group – it can afflict anyone. While there are many different factors that contribute to the overall loss of your complexion’s glow, some of the most common ones include genetics, smoking and usage of skin care products improperly.
If you want to achieve healthy skin that gets complimented on, then you need to ensure you’re following the right skin regimen and avoid certain environmental factors.
Given below are a few tips to help you revive and revitalize your skin using healthy, organic ways without having to spend gobs of money on artificial beauty treatments.
1. Apply Yogurt: When it comes to homemade skin care, yogurt definitely stands out of the crowd. While yogurt is definitely nutritious when consumed, it also has many skin benefits when applied externally. It not only lets you moisturize your skin, but also helps in fighting acne, relieving sunburn, preventing premature aging, etc. It’s a complete beauty treatment in its own!
2. Keep Hydrated: Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water each day helps you keep hydrated, which is important to improve the overall health of your skin. It gives it the plump appearance and brings down wrinkles while removing any dullness. So the more water you drink, the better it is for your skin in the long run.
3. Get Your Diet Right: What you eat plays a big role in defining how your skin is going to be. In order to maintain healthy, glowing skin you should add protein and whole grain to your daily diet. This includes foods such as lean meats, brown rice, whole wheat, beans, carrots, etc. Having a good diet helps in promoting “collagen growth”, which gives back your skin its lost elasticity.
4. Remove Dead Skin: Your body has a natural process of replacing old, dying cells with new, healthy ones. As you begin to age, a layer of dead cells builds up which makes your skin rough, obscuring the fresh skin underneath. However, you can remove these dead cells by exfoliating your skin using natural homemade facial scrubs and masks.
5. Use Essential Oils: There are many essential oils that are extracted from flowers and plants for the purpose of skin care. But if you want to go for the best option then use lavender essential oil since it has antifungal/antibacterial properties along with a pleasing scent. You can apply it by creating a gentle facial cleanser or a moisturizer out of it.
Remember, taking good care of your skin is in your hands. And you don’t have to invest in expensive beauty products to do it. Use the above organic ways to revive your skin and help it regain its lost charm.
Elle UK October 2012 Editorial – Michaela Hlavackova